Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yummy Yummy Ribs

Last night my 9-year-old, Gavin, and I were hanging out playing on our PS2 and I asked him if he'd like to spend the rest of his time before bed to help me make the dry rub for the ribs which we are cooking for his Grandpa for his birthday.

Gavin was pretty excited to be making ribs for his Grandpa. So, we got out the ingredients we'd need and the measure cup and a large bowl and the measuring spoons. He assumed the responsibility of being "mixer", and he did a great job at it too, and was full of questions about the ingrediants we were using. He even gave his opinion of what else should be in the rub. When we were done he said lets put some Italian Seasoning in it. He was so happy when I said sure lets try that. So, Gavin finished mixing it all up and then he was even excited to help me rub the mix into the meat.

I gave him a large spoon to scoop the dry rub onto the ribs and I was the one who was massaging it into the meat. It was awesome to see the big smile on his face as he was going to bed.

Happy Cooking
Jason

No comments: